Monday, June 6, 2011

Tis A Gift to Be Simple, Tis A Gift to be Free..

These are simple times.

 I love these final days...good friends and the comfort of the home town crowd. All too familiar embraces and knowing glances. Inside jokes and words understood before they are spoken.
Family. Wedding Days. Babies. Parties. Dancing. Sonic Happy Hour. Fresh Coffee. Freshly mown grass. Picnics. Hot dogs. Humid days. The hum of highways. The bustle of downtown. My heritage. For the last two weeks I've been wrapped in the sweet days of summer, surrounded by family and community. There have been weddings, laughter, gatherings of fellowship, coffee dates and late night chats...all the typical things I once took for granted. There is such love here.

There is a suitcase waiting for me in this room, full to the brim at the moment with bright clothing and scarves, bug spray, books, and my Chucks, among other resources. The "necessary" accoutrements of survival. Things that are of little importance.

It's the things I can't pack that truly matter today. The things He called me to drop at a moment's notice to be found willing to pursue His plan. I will never regret those choices.. I am thankful for the hard days. I'm thankful for every ounce of sweat and every tear that led to the packing of that very suitcase. I'm thankful for four years of refinement that have allowed me to let this all go. These years have been well lived, and every lesson hard won. (I learned only a few of them in an actual classroom).

To those I leave, I love you more than you know. I promise that I will come back. Thank you for the heritage of faith, love, and commitment you have given to me. Because of you, dear family, friends and mentors, I have found the Way to true joy and adventure. The great thing about loving the King...is that there are never any regrets.

Here's to upcoming adventures with our True Love. Here's to living with Him, no turning back.

No comments:

Post a Comment